One of my three crocheted UFOs that have been lurking in a dark closet is finally finished! This is also the very first “square”-type item I’ve made, and although the finished product is beautiful, I will probably never do this particular square again. Crocheting the squares was easy, however the way the pattern stitches were designed made each square rounded on each side, and so it was a struggle getting all those squares to line up together for the final seaming. Sadly, I must admit that I had given up on it forever by the time I got to that seaming process, but Granny persuaded me to let her have it so she could work on it. I’m so glad I finally did, or this would have never become a finished object! She returned it to me less than two days later (yesterday), completely done!
The pattern is from Leisure Arts Leaflet 64, and is something I’ve had for years, so I used stash yarn for this project and barely put a dent in any of it (it doesn’t help that I keep adding to it). The blanket is 6 squares wide by 8 squares long, and is 32″x45″. The original pattern is named for the yellow in the center squares, but since I had peach and pink, I thought I’d alternate those instead. Plus, I love the transition between orange and pink… there’s something about that blend of colors that I just can’t resist even though they are far from my favorite colors.
Note: This blanket was started BEFORE I learned to knit!